- Email: Leah.McNally@ucsf.edu
- Office: 415-885-7561
- Characterizing markers of invasiveness and angiogenesis in normal placenta, placenta percreta, choriocarcinoma, and placental site trophoblastic tumor.
- Investigating the role of omentectomy in the staging and treatment of ovarian cancer
- 2014- present: Stanford/UCSF Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship Training Program in Stanford and San Francisco, CA
- 2010-2014: Stanford Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency Training Program in Stanford, CA
- 2010 Yale School of Medicine in New Haven, CT: MD and Master of Health Science
- 2005 Duke University in Durham, NC: BS degree, Graduated summa cum laude with Distinction
- Major: Biology with a concentration in Evolutionary Biology
- Minors: English, Chemistry
Achievements & Recognition
- Commendation in Teaching for the Stanford Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program 2014
- Intern Medical Student Teaching Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Stanford 2011
- Co-administrative Chief Stanford Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program 2013-2014
- Recipient of T32 NIDDK training grant 2008-2009
McNally L, Teng NN, Kapp DS, Karam A. Does omentectomy in epithelial ovarian cancer affect survival? An analysis of the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2015 May;25(4):607-15.
Belman JP, Bian RR, Habtemichael EN, Li DT, Jurczak MJ, Alcázar-Román A, McNally LJ, Shulman GI, Bogan JS. Acetylation of TUG protein promotes the accumulation of GLUT4 glucose transporters in an insulin-responsive intracellular compartment. J Biol Chem. 2015 Feb 13;290(7):4447-63
McNally L, Huynh D, Keller J, Dikan J, Rabinowitz M, and Lathi R. Patient Experience with Karyotyping After First Trimester Miscarriage: A National Survey. JRM. In press.
Arie AB, McNally L, Kapp DS, Teng NN. “The Omentum and omentectomy in epithelial ovarian cancer: A reappraisal Part I - Omental function and history of omentectomy.” Gynecol Oncol. 2013 Sep 18. [Epub ahead of print].
Arie AB, McNally L, Kapp DS, Teng NN. “The omentum and omentectomy in epithelial ovarian cancer: A reappraisal: Part II - The role of omentectomy in the staging and treatment of apparent early stage epithelial ovarian cancer.” Gynecol Oncol. 2013 Sep 18. [Epub ahead of print].
McNally LM, Osmundson S, Barth R, and Chueh J. “Urachal Duct Carcinoma Complicating Pregnancy.” Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2013 Aug;122(2 Pt 2):469-72.
Bogan JS, Rubin BR, Yu C, Löffler MG, Orme CM, Belman JP, McNally LJ, Hao M, Cresswell JA. “Endoproteolytic cleavage of TUG protein regulates GLUT4 glucose transporter translocation.” J Biol Chem. 2012 Jul 6;287(28):23932-47. 2012 May.
Miglietta, MP, McNally, L, and Cunningham, C. “Evolution of calcium-carbonate skeletons in the Hydractiniidae.” Integr Comp Biol. 2010 Sep;50(3):428-35. 2010 Aug 10.