This Fellowship is open to US and non-US citizens. Fellows cannot hold concurrent active faculty positions. Candidates are eligible if they have completed any one of the following:
- Residency or sub-specialty training in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Medicine, and/or Preventive Medicine
- Nursing degree with completed doctoral training (e.g., PhD, DNP)
- Biomedical and/or Social Science PhD (e.g., Immunology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Health Economics, Health Communications, Anthropology, etc.)
Please submit the Fellowship application materials listed below as a single PDF to Nicole.Santos@ucsf.edu by 11:59 PM PST, August 15, 2016. Interviews are scheduled for October with notification of final decision no later than December 2016.
- Current CV or NIH-style biosketch
- 1-page personal statement
- 1/2 page description about why you want to train at UCSF or at one of our selected East Africa partner sites post-fellowship
- 2-page research concept focused on decreasing the burden of preterm birth, including brief specific aims, significance, innovation and proposed approach
- 1/2 page stipulating which advanced academic training program or educational courses you would pursue as part of the fellowship (e.g., Advanced Training in Clinical Research, MPH at UC Berkeley, Masters in Global Health, Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program)
- Copy of medical, nursing or other clinical degree (if applicable)
- A recent writing sample
- Proof of citizenship or residency (US), or Visa status to work in the US for non-US citizens/residents
- Three letters of reference (sent separately)
Please visit http://pretermbirth.ucsf.edu/fellowship-program for more information.