Linda C. Giudice, MD, PhD, MSc
- Distinguished Professor and Chair
- The Robert B. Jaffe, MD Endowed Professor in the Reproductive Sciences
- SCCPIR Website
If you are a patient, please do not contact a physician by email without his/her prior expressed consent due to confidentiality concerns.
|Mailing Address:||505 Parnassus Ave., M-1496
San Francisco, CA 94143-0132
|Academic Assistant:||415/502-2563, 415/476-2564|
Dr. Giudice is a biochemist, gynecologist, and reproductive endocrinologist whose research focuses on environmental impacts on reproductive health, steroid hormone signaling in human endometrium, endometrial-placental interactions, endometrium as a mucosal tissue, and translational applications of human embryonic and endometrial stem cells. Her clinical interests are endometriosis, infertility, assisted reproduction, and implantation and ovulatory disorders. She is director of the Center for Research on Origins and Biological Consequences of Human Infertility and the UCSF Women's Reproductive Health Research Career Development Center.
|Year||Institution & Location||Degree||Field of Study|
|1969||Columbia University, New York||BS||Engineering|
|1971||Washington University, St. Louis, Mo||MSc|
|1976||University of California, Los Angeles||PhD||Biochemistry|
|1982||Stanford University, Stanford, CA||MD||Medicine|
|1982-83||Kaiser Foundation Hospital, Santa Clara, CA||Internship||General Internal Medicine|
|1983-84||Stanford University Medical Center||Residency||Gynecology and Obstetrics|
|1984-86||Barnes Hospital, Washington University, St. Louis, MD||Residency||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|1986-87||Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA||Fellow||Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility|
Achievements & Recognition
|2002||Elected, Institute of Medicine of the National Academies|
|2006-2007||President, Society for Gynecologic Investigation|
|2006||Academia Nazionale dei Lincei Arnaldo Bruno International Prize, Italian Academy of Sciences|
|2008||American Medical Women’s Association, Woman in Science Award|
|2008||SGI Distinguished Scientist Award|
|2008||American Fertility Society Illuminations Award|
|2008||American Society for Reproductive Medicine Distinguished Researcher Award|
|2009||NICHD, NIH, DHHS
The Perinatology Research Branch Wall of Honor
|2013||Journal of Women's Health Award for Outstanding Achievement in Women's Health Research|
- 1. Tazuke SI, Mazure NM, Sugawara J, Carland G, Faessen GH, Suen LF, Irwin JC, Powell DR, Giaccia AJ, Giudice LC. Hypoxia stimulates IGFBP-1 gene expression in HepG2 cells: A possible model for IGFBP-1 expression in fetal hypoxia. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1998; 95:10188-93.
- 2. Kao LC, Tulac S, Lobo S, Imani B, Yang JP, Germeyer A, Osteen K, Taylor RN, Lessey BA, Giudice LC. Global gene profiling in human endometrium during the window of implantation. Endocrinology 2002; 143:2119-38.
- 3. Giudice LC, Conover CA, Bale L, Faessen GH, Ilg K, Sun I, Imani B, Suen L-F, Irwin JC, Christiansen M, Overgaard MT, Oxvig C. Identification and regulation of the IGFBP-4 protease and its physiological inhibitor in human trophoblasts and endometrial stroma: evidence for paracrine regulation of IGF-II bioavailability in the placental bed during human implantation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002; 87: 2359-2366
- 4. Tulac S, Nayak NR, Kao LC, van Waes M, Huang J, Lobo S, Germeyer A, Lessey BA, Taylor RN, Suchanek E, Giudice LC. Identification, characterization, and regulation of the canonical Wnt signaling pathway in human endometrium. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2003; 88:3860-6.
- 5. Lobo SC, Huang ST, Germeyer A, Dosiou C, Vo KC, Tulac S, Nayak NR, Giudice LC. The immune en-vironment in human endometrium during the window of implantation. Am J Repro Immun 2004; 52:244-51.
- 6. Tulac S, Hamilton A, Zuchereck S, Giudice LC. Silencing lamin A/C in human endometrial stromal cells: a model to investigate endometrial gene function and regulation. Mol Hum Reprod. 2004; 10:705-711
- 7. Hyman, RW, Fukushima, M, Diamond, L, Kumm, J, Giudice, LC and Davis, RW. Microbes on the human vaginal epithelium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005; 102:7952-7957.
- 8. Talbi S, Hamilton AE, Vo KC, Tulac S, Overgaard MT, Dosiou C, Le Shay N, Nezhat CN, Kempson R, Lessey BA, Nayak NR, Giudice LC. Molecular phenotyping of human endometrium distinguishes menstrual cycle phases and underlying biological processes in normo-ovulatory women. Endocrinology 2006;147:1097-121.
- 9. Burney RO, Talbi S, Hamilton AE, Vo KC, Nyegaard M, Nezhat CR, Lessey BA, Giudice LC. Gene Expression Analysis of Endometrium Reveals Progesterone Resistance and Candidate Susceptibility Genes in Women with Endometriosis. Endocrinology. 2007;148(8): 3814-3826.
- 10. Aghajanova L, Hamilton AE, Kwintkiewicz J, Vo KC, Giudice LC. Steroidogenic enzyme and key decidualization marker dysregulation in endometrial stromal cells from women with vs. without endometriosis. Biol Repro, September 24, 2008 as epub ahead of publication.