The goal of this fellowship is to train and prepare general obstetrician and gynecologists for a career in inpatient hospitalist Obstetrics and Gynecology and leadership. Their clinical and educational curriculum will cover a breadth of content including safety, quality improvement, patient care and value-based care.
General Learning Objectives:
- Become proficient in the following areas:
- Clinical management of OB and GYN emergencies.
- Procedural skills for complicated OB and GYN cases including, but not limited to, complex obstetrics deliveries, lacerations, cesarean hysterectomies, operative vaginal deliveries and emergency gynecologic surgery.
- Healthcare systems including development of effective inter-professional communication skills and cost-effective/value-based care.
- Develop and implement protocols, tools and/or clinical pathways that result in enhancement of patient safety and quality of care in the hospital.
- Master the dynamics of working within the academic and community healthcare systems.
- Develop leadership and teaching skills.
- Complete a formal quality or outcomes project with a focus on quality and safety followed by research presentation and thesis defense.