2010 URI Cohort
The 2010 URI interns were mentored in three areas: Medicine, ObGyn and Pediatrics. Here is the list of topics as they were presented at the Internship Symposium in July 2010.
- Vanita Mistry | Determining Limited English Proficiency in Health Care (Alicia Fernandez, MD).
- Melissa Myo | The Retained Organic Solutes and Clinical Outcomes in Hemodialyis (ROSCO) Study (Laura Plantinga, ScM).
- Elina Serrano | Colorectal Cancer Screening Discussions with Latino Patients (Anna Napoles, PhD, MPH).
- Leah Timbang | Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Surveillance (Laura Plantinga, ScM).
- Tiffany Chambers | Improving Contraceptive Continuation: Depo-Provera Use Among High-risk Adolescents (Tina Raine, MD, MPH).
- Melanie Consolacion | The effects of nonoxynol-9 on endometrial epithelial cells:potential relevance to HIV transmission (Linda Giudice, MD, PhD, MSc).
- Abby Cortez | The Role of Allopregnanolone, a Neurosteroid, on Neuroinflammation (Sindy Mellon, PhD).
- Jacquelyn Hoffman | Examining the Impact of a Three Month Lifestyle and Exercise Intervention for Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome on Body Image, Beck Depression Inventory (BDI), and Self-Reported Modified Ferriman-Gallway Scores (MFG) (Drs. Heather Huddleston and Victor Fujimoto).
- Jennifer Pinal and Jaspreet Singh | EPIC Summer: Contributing to the Expanded Prenatal Testing Options and Informed Choice Study (Miriam Kuppermann, PhD, MPH).
- Kao Thao | Growth Factor Receptor Function in Oocyte Maturation (Marco Conti, MD)
- Amy Yu | Characterization of Meiotic Progression in Zip3 Knock Out Mutant of S. cerevisiae (Jennifer Fung, PhD).
- Anjelica Mendoza | Comparing the perinatal outcomes between IVF-conceived and spontaneously-conceived of infants born at 35 weeks gestation (Valerie Flaherman, MD, MPH).
- Jade Sanders and Paula Yoffe | Beverage Consumption Patterns in Children Ages 2-5 (Anisha Patel, MD, MSPH).