Thank you for your interest in the Undergraduate Research Internship. We will not be offering a full URI Program this year. We want to offer the best experience to those who were accepted, unable to participate in Summer 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic and have been patiently waiting to participate. However, we invite you to apply to our 2021 Pre-Med Preparation Didactic Certificate Series. Please see below for details and ow to apply.
UCSF Kaiser Undergraduate Research Internship Didactic Certificate Series
Please join us for the 2021 Pre-Med Preparation Didactic Certificate Series, offered remotely from June 7 - August 2, 2021. Although we cannot offer a full URI program this year, we are continuing to hold remote didactics for underrepresented students interested in pursuing a career in medicine and allied health. The didactic series will include topics such as:
Medical School Admission Process
Gap Years and Job Search
A certificate will be awarded upon completion of the series. Applications are due by January 8, 2021. You will need to submit a CV/Resume and your most recent college transcripts.
- A completed online URI Application Form (resume/CV, latest transcript, and a short paragraph)
Who is this program for?
The Pre-Med Preparation Didactic Certificate Series is intended for students who will be freshmen, sophomores, or juniors in the fall of 2020 at UC Berkeley.
You should be considering a career as a physician, physician’s assistant, or other related health profession.
Individuals from communities typically underrepresented as physicians are strongly encouraged to apply, including but not limited to African Americans, Latinx, persons of indigenous descent, persons with disabilities, persons from disadvantaged backgrounds, and individuals who identify as transgender, lesbian, gay, or bisexual, DACA, 1stgeneration college students, people with no doctors in the family, and people with limited access to medical field mentoring.
At this time, International students on a visa are not eligible to apply.
The Didactic Certificate series will be 8 weeks in length, 5 hours per week and held entirely remote. The series will include didactics presented by professionals in the field of mentoring, admissions, financial aid, and medical school.
In order to receive your certificate of completion, you must have an 80% attendance rate by the end of the series.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT URI
- Will I still be eligible to participate in the complete URI Program during Summer 2022?
- Yes you remain eligible. You will be equally considered amongst all applicants for the program in Summer 2022.
- Is the URI Didactic Series for me?
- We understand navigating pre-med at Berkeley can be challenging, but it’s important to remember that you’re at Cal for a reason; you are smart and you are capable! Seek out resources, support groups, and ask for help when you need it—try to make the university smaller and less daunting than it can feel. The URI Program is designed to help you build on your experiences and skills in a supportive environment. Listen to what URI Program alums have to say about the program. We hope you'll apply!
- Can I put this certificate on my resume?
- Yes, your certificate of completion is eligible for your resume.
- Is there an interview process?
- No, there is no interview process for the Didactic Certificate Series.
- If I have further questions, whom should I contact?
- If you have questions about the application process or your application, please contact Jackie Wren at [email protected].